IGN has been stuck in my players list for days.

IGN has been stuck in my players list for days.

Postby Koto » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:12 pm

I have had the same IGN in my player list for almost a week now. I have tried closing brimstone and reopening it, it removes the other IGN's but this one stays. I had this IGN in my list before the new brimstone was uploaded (between 0.2.2 and 0.2.3) and I wonder if that could have caused the problem.

I like that names stay about 24 hours but could you also include a delete feature to remove excess ign's?
Koto

Re: IGN has been stuck in my players list for days.

Postby xuluwarrior » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:28 pm

This is a bug I've been aware of since last week. It's to do with Brimstone getting timestamps wrong on dates with single figure days (e.g. 3rd December).

As nobody seemed to be bothered by it, I decided to keep working on the new attack log feature rather than spend time testing and deploying a fix.

The problem is already fixed in my development code and will be included in the next release.
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Postby Koto » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:25 am

Right on,

Thank You for all the hard work, it's a great tool.
Koto

Postby kingforaday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:10 am

Hey I think this bug came back when you did the last update.. I am stuck on my wife's character.. it won't reload to my character in the top portion when we i log on after her.
kingforaday

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:22 am

I have the opposite problem. The IGNs in my page keep disappearing. Did you set it so that they would all get cleared every time brimstone is closed? Before it was only the ones without spy reports. But now even the ones with it are disappearing. Would be better if they stayed. Before, I used to spy targets and if I see that they have a low defense that is just over mine, I would leave them for the next day to buy soldiers to be able to beat them. But now they keep disappearing. Leaving them would also be better if you add the individual delete option. So if you have a war with someone, you can leave it there for as long as you want.

Postby xuluwarrior » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 pm

@kingforaday
Brimstone isn't really designed to have multiple people logging on to Warbook from the same Firefox profile. If you do, you will have to visit the kingdom, army and hero pages to reset the top panel with the correct details.

Ideally you should use a different Firefox profile for each user. This doesn't just apply to Brimstone/Warbook but for browsing with Firefox in general. That way you won't get each other's browsing history and you can store passwords without the other party being able to see them.
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:54 pm

So is there any way to get around that bug?

I used to have a Warmonger, but I got tired of getting slammed all the time, so now I have an Automator; it doesn't want to acknowledge my new stats. Brimstone still works for targeting others, but it's a little disconcerting to have my old character stuck up there.

DISCLAIMER: I'm still really fond of this tool. Well done.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:10 am

Obviously I have the same problem... my gf logged in on my laptop last time the refresh was working and she is a monger, but me as a mogul havent been able to get it to refresh. this poses a small problem because the stats are so different so now I cant rely on them. It would be great if you did get the refresh button enhancement and when this goes in just magically fix the code for refreshing of hero stats :lol:

Return to Bug Reports