[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
xuluwarrior.com • View topic - Blank events

Blank events

Blank events

Postby winelight » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Apologies if this is a known issue, or if it's me doing something wrong.

But, I get a lot of blank events in the event list. I think it's when I do something, but I'm not sure what that something is. Click on something, or refresh something, I suppose.

Sometimes they're completely blank, and sometimes they just say "defended".

(And I'm sure someone will have already asked for a timestamp on events!)
winelight

Re: Blank events

Postby LeppyR64 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:29 pm

It appears that there is something wrong with the attack logging. See the attached photo for the attack log. Notice that the event comes up blank.
Attachments
broken_attack_logging.JPG
broken_attack_logging.JPG (125.66 KiB) Viewed 9570 times
LeppyR64

Postby winelight » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 am

I think I can reproduce it (sometimes), it happens if I refresh the main Warbook home page, kind of. It's all a bit weird since the new message log format with timestamps - instead of blank events, if there is an attack log, then the attacks get repeated in the event log every time I refresh the home page.
winelight

Postby xuluwarrior » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:04 am

There are two issues here.

The first is most likely a bug that treats building/razing events as unknown events.

The other is a bug introduced by TJ's most recent changes that added the age of events to the message. This meant that Brimstone treated old events in your message log as new events. This is because each time your messages are loaded the ages would be different and Brimstone was doing a string comparison.

Both these bugs have been fixed in my development version and I am beta testing now. I will probably rush out a new version today as I can see how the second issue could get very annoying quickly.
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Postby winelight » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:33 am

Ah I see. Personally I don't like the new WB time message, I would rather have an actual timestamp with date and time of the event. Still, it's great to have anything!
winelight

Postby Fire and Brimstone » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:24 am

Fire and Brimstone

Postby xuluwarrior » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:31 am

0.4.0 has been released. Hopefully, this will fix most of your problems.
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports