0.4.0.2 Error Upgrading

0.4.0.2 Error Upgrading

Postby guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 pm

When I tried to download this version of Brimstone, it said that there was a Chrome Error that occurred. Do you know what might have caused this? All of the previous versions worked fine.

Re: 0.4.0.2 Error Upgrading

Postby xuluwarrior » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Could you give more information as to what the error actually says/looks like
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Postby guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:46 pm

When I start Firefox and/or try updating Brimstone, it says that "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in the Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem." It is in a pop-up window with the title “Chrome Registration Failed.” This pop-up window appears three times before Firefox will start up. Also, in the Tools->Add-ons window, the "options" and "disable" tabs are both grayed in, and cannot be clicked.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Postby xuluwarrior » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:45 pm

This sounds like the extension has got corrupted. Unfortunately, this isn't something that I am an expert in.

I would suggest that you uninstall Brimstone. Then do a search for the string "brimstone" in your profile directory. If you get any matches then this would mean that something has indeed corrupted. We will have to work out how to fix it.

If nothing turns up you are probably in luck. Hopefully, if you reinstall Brimstone, all will be well again.

Fingers crossed.
xuluwarrior
Site Admin

Postby guest (thankful) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 pm

I re-installed it, and it works fine now. However, I still get the same error message when I started up Firefox. I think it might be due to a different program, however, I have no other add-ons for Firefox. Oh well, this one I can figure out on my own.

Thanks for your help!
guest (thankful)

Return to Bug Reports